I turned 30 on September 21, 2012. It wasn’t nearly as painful as I expected it to be. In fact, as I’ve moved through the first months in this new decade I have found that 30 actually suits me very well. I have more direction than I did ten years ago and I feel more equipped to accomplish my goals and to make things happen in my life, rather than relying on good hope alone that things will change and happen.
In the spirit of making things happen I created this list of 30 things I want to go, do and see in my 30’s. They are in no particular order. Some are simple and others require significant time, money and dedication. Check back here from time to time to see how I’m doing; when the item turns into an active link it means I completed that item.
Click the link to read a post about the experience.
1. Write some fiction.
2. Volunteer in my community.
3. Volunteer abroad.
4. Go to Africa.
5. Learn how to mountain bike.
6. Write a book.
7. Take a vacation with my family.
8. Submit an article to a major magazine.
9. Buy a car.
10. Go to Europe.
11. Participate in a yoga retreat.
12. Nail a handstand in yoga (and hold it!).
13. Go to Santa Fe, New Mexico.
14. Live alone.
15. Pay off my credit card debt.
16. Learn how to rock climb.
17. Get a dog.
18. Go to Bend, Oregon. & Go to Portland, Maine. (Probably not in the same trip, but these are my east coast/west coast travel dreams and I decided they could be paired as one item:))
19. Go to Charleston, South Carolina.
20. Go wine tasting with my sisters (in Michigan, in Sonoma, in Colorado…anywhere will do).
21. Buy my parents dinner.
22. Go wine tasting in Napa.
23. Bike & wine tour of Palisade, Colorado.
24. Run a 5K.
25. Become a road biker.
26. Go to Hawaii with my mom.
27. Take a solo road trip across the country.
28. Read David Foster Wallace’s “Infinite Jest”
29. Go to Costa Rica.
30. Nail public speaking.